Categories of Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us.
- Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them.
- Directly or indirectly from activity on our website. For example, from submissions through our Website portal or Website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, from government and/or publicly available data bases.
Purposes for Collection of Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Debt collection.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to process a payment, we will use that information to process said payment.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email or text alerts and other notices concerning our services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for collections.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and our clients, including for collections.
- To improve the Website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and service development including to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others. This includes protecting and/or defending the Website’s Terms and Conditions or other policies applicable to the Website, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To identify users through Usage Information, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion, subject to applicable law. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
You may request that we update or correct your Personally Identifying Information or change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us. If we receive a verifiable request by an authorized individual, all personally identifiable information we store will be updated, corrected or changed, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably practicable.
Certain state laws may you may provide you with additional rights pertaining to your information such as:
- Access rights
- Deletion rights
- Correction rights
- Non-discrimination rights
- Portability rights
If applicable to you, your additional rights are outlined within Rausch Sturm’s state privacy notices. State privacy notices can be found on the Website.
Practices for sharing or selling information
We disclose personal information for business purposes to third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you, and to service providers in furtherance of our business purposes. We may share your personal information with service providers, but only to the extent necessary, in our discretion, to perform these functions and provide such services, and only as permitted by applicable law.
We restrict access to information about you to those employees or service providers who need to know that information to service your account(s). We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information. Whenever we hire third parties to provide support services in order to help us service or manage your account(s), we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance. Such third parties and their employees receiving personal information we have obtained about you are required to limit their use of your information to the particular purpose for which it is shared and they are not allowed to share it with others except to fulfill that limited purpose.
We may share the Usage Information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Website, such as: (i) to assist us in Website operations; (ii) hosting the Website; (iii) designing and/or operating Website’s features; (iv) tracking Website activities and analytics (v) and other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to Usage Information to carry out the services they are performing for us. Third party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own passive information collection technologies on your access device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. We will make full use of all information acquired through the Website.
We may share your Usage Information, PII or other information you provide us with our subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Website or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Rausch Sturm does not and will not sell, share, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for their commercial purposes.
Website and Information Security
If you create or log in to an Account or if you utilize the Chat functionality through the Website, we collect and store Personally Identifying Information (PII) that you provide to us. PII may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, home address, zip code, or telephone number. Additionally, we collect and store any other information that you provide to us such as account payment information.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links or references to other websites. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to those websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all websites you visit. The Website may contain content, links that are supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information when pages from the Website are served to you for their own commercial purposes. In addition, when you are on the Website you may be directed to other sites that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. These third parties may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. These other online services may associate their tracking technologies with you, independently collect information about you, including personal information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of third parties. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We also encourage you to note when you leave our site and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party sites.
Other Applicable Policies
This Notice was last updated on 05-09-2022. We may revise this Policy at any time, at our sole discretion, by posting an amended Policy on the Website. You can review the current policy at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every page on the Website.